If you are in the professional world, I know these two things have crossed your mind at some point:
- Do I really need a headshot?
- Does the quality of my headshot really matter?
Yes! The answer is yes, yes, yes! There is no doubt about it...headshots matter. Let me rephrase that, having a *professional* headshot matters. Note the professional.
I recently stumbled across an article on Linkedin giving 10 reasons why having a great headshot matters.
1. Because the quality of your images reflects the quality of your brand.
2. Because striking headshots get noticed and remembered.
3. Because your people will share and post more on your behalf.
4. Because authenticity. Your people will come across as real.
5. Because likability. Your audience will relate better to you.
6. Because confidence boost. Your people will feel better about themselves.
7. Because you, as a company, will stand apart as a class act.
8. Because morale. Your team will really appreciate you going the extra mile.
9. Because recruitment. potential employees will see that you care and know that you're cool.
10. Because social media. Our faces are everywhere and our faces are our calling cards.
Here is the link to the original article I found online by Vincent Carrella.
After reading the article, I decided to do some scrolling on linkedin myself. It didn't take me long to determine the profiles I would want to pursue solely based on their headshot alone. Just like it's always good to have an updated resume ready to go, it's always wise to have an updated professional headshot to use on professional websites, social media, projects, etc. Already know this is something you need to do? Email me so I can help you through this process and make you feel like a million bucks. Your career is worth is!
Maybe you're like Kathryn needing two different types of headshots....
Not sure where to begin? Email me and I'll be happy to assist you. I have done headshots for many different fields and personalities. I'd love to work with you too! I promise you'll thank me later. By the way, you're never too old or too young to have a headshot done!